ESSA Report Cards
Each year, RSU #56 must share with families, under the Title I statute, our dashboard distributed by the Maine Department of Education. On May 3, 2021 this year's dashboard was released. Please know that due to the SY19-20 waivers, there is no current data on our dashboard since we did not administer the state assessment last school year. However, there are other data elements listed on the dashboard worth reviewing. To access the dashboard, please go to: https://www.maine.gov/doe/dashboard
ESSA Application Information
RSU 56 accepts funding through the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965.The ESEA requires RSU 56 to provide a reasonable opportunity for public comments on the ESEA consolidated application and consider such comments prior to the submission of the application. Our ESEA team, composed of representatives from a wide range of stakeholder groups, has been working on a comprehensive needs assessment as well as a draft proposal for Title I and Title II funding for the 2021-22 school year.
Below you will find an outline for the draft proposal based on data gathered from the school year and district, school, and ESEA goals.
Potential Title 1 projects:
● Staffing - teachers and ed tech salaries
● Literacy and math programs and coaching
● CBM testing program to monitor learning K-5
● Providing support for homeless learners
● Providing opportunities for parent engagement
Potential Title II projects:
Projects focused around educator effectiveness and proficiency based education:
● Stipends for staff leading professional learning communities as data and intervention coaches.
● Assessing literacy and math work
- Data meetings and data management
● Vertical Meetings for curriculum alignment
● Travel for conferences and workshops
Please click on the link to share any comments or thoughts you want considered
for the application prior to July 23.
ESSA Public Comment Form
Please provide thoughts on the following items included in the ESSA Application. Please include suggestions of alternatives with any constructive feedback.