May 25, 2021


Another round of Maine’s Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) benefits are coming soon. These food stamp benefits can be used to purchase food in stores, and families of students that qualify for free and reduced lunch are eligible. 

For up-to-date P_EBT information, including timelines, amounts and how to sign up for them, please go to: 

If you did not apply for free and reduced meals this year, you still have time to complete the application and qualify for the benefit for the months following your application approval. Please complete the online.

Once it is complete, please email me at, to let me know that you have completed the application so that I can process it and upload your eligibility information to the state database. This will allow DHHS to access your school meal eligibility information and determine your EBT benefit amount and time frame. 

If your household income is at or below the limits on the chart to the left, you can qualify for the P-EBT benefit over the summer.

Please contact Gena Cloutier if you have any questions about the free and reduced application process. All inquiries related to the P-EBT benefit, including amounts, timelines and eligibility, should be directed to the Office of Family Independence.

Gena Cloutier

RSU 56 Nutrition Director

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3)  email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider. The Maine Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry or national origin. Complaints of discrimination must be filed at the office of the Maine Human Rights Commission, 51 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0051. If you wish to file a discrimination complaint electronically, visit the Human Rights Commission website at and complete an intake questionnaire. Maine is an equal opportunity provider and employer.